Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals Complex (OAUTHC), Ile-Ife, has opened its doors for applications for the 2023/2024 academic session, inviting suitable candidates to join their esteemed School of Community Health. The programs, spanning one and two calendar years, begin in September 2023, culminating in the award of a Higher Diploma in Community Health.
Details of Courses:
The School of Community Health at OAUTHC, Ile-Ife, offers programs that provide a comprehensive understanding of community health. These programs prepare students to play a crucial role in improving health outcomes at the community level.
A. Educational Qualifications: Candidates should possess a West African School Certificate/GCE “O” level or Senior Secondary School Certificate (NECO) with five credits passes, including English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- Professional Qualifications and Experience for the Two (2) Calendar Years Program: Candidates need to have any of the following additional qualifications:
- A Diploma in Community Health with at least two years of post-qualification experience.
- Community Health Extension Worker Certificate with five years’ experience.
- Registration with the Community Health Practitioners’ Registration Board of Nigeria (CHPRBN) and a current practising license.
- Professional Qualifications and Experience for the One (1) Calendar Year Program: Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Qualification as a Community Health Extension Worker.
- Possession of a First Degree in Community Health Science, Health Education, Public Health, or HND in Community Health.
- Current practising license.
Candidates can acquire the application forms from the School of Community Health, OAUTHC, Ile-Ife, at a cost of N10,000 only. The fee should be paid into the OAUTHC’s TSA Recurrent Account via the REMITA PLATFORM through any commercial bank. Indicate the purpose of payment as “Admission Form into CHO Training Programme”.
The selection for admission is determined based on the candidates’ performance in a competitive written test and oral interview scheduled for Monday, 17th and Tuesday, 18th July 2023.
Ensure to submit the completed application forms, endorsed by sponsors, along with photocopies of relevant credentials to the School of Community Health, OAUTHC, Ile-Ife, on or before Friday, 7th July, 2023.
In conclusion, the OAUTHC, Ile-Ife, welcomes all qualified candidates to take advantage of this opportunity to gain top-tier education and training in the field of Community Health. Remember to bring your original certificates and practising licenses to the examination centre. Best of luck to all prospective students!