The ASSA North LiveWIRE PLUS Programme 2023 is an exciting opportunity for young Nigerian entrepreneurs seeking to realize their potential and develop their businesses. Supported by the SPDC JV, LiveWIRE Nigeria is a youth enterprise development initiative aimed at improving opportunities for young people aged 18-35 to create and grow their own businesses, contributing to a thriving economy and more fulfilled communities.
The LiveWIRE Programme seeks to:
- Expose participants to business planning and management guidelines and skills through the ‘Become a Successful Business Owner Course’
- Provide business start-up grants for candidates with the best business plans
- Link successful candidates to third parties such as financial institutions and non-governmental organizations (NGOs)
- Offer a volunteer mentoring program for successful candidates
The LiveWIRE PLUS Programme covers a range of topics, including:
- Pre-startup: Value and Organize Yourself (VOY)
- Bright Ideas Workshop
- Business Planning & Management (Become a Successful Business Owner)
- Value Chain Workshop
- Business Startup (Access to Finance & Technology)
- Post-startup (Mentoring and Market Linkages)
To be eligible for the ASSA North LiveWIRE PLUS Programme, applicants must:
- Possess a university degree or HND in any discipline
- Have completed NYSC if within the mandatory bracket
- Be male or female applicants from Assa North PTF and Access Communities: Akabta, Egita, Ohiauga, Ikiri, Obite, Egbeda
- Be between 18 and 35 years old
- Reside in their state of origin
- Not be in paid employment
- Have an innovative business idea
- Desire to own and manage a business
- Not have been in business for more than three (3) years
- Not have previously benefitted from any Shell Community Skills & Enterprise Development Social Investment program such as LiveWIRE, Community Skills Training, or Agricultural program
Applicants’ business plans should be relevant to SPDC-specified value chain sectors/areas, which include:
- Clean Energy Solutions/Oil and Gas
- Social Enterprise
- Retail and Wholesale
- ICT and Telecommunication
Benefits of the Programme
Participating in the LiveWIRE PLUS Programme provides:
- Access to high-quality, relevant programs and opportunities to network with like-minded young entrepreneurs
- Public relations, media, and brand opportunities for joint venture partners, especially Shell, demonstrating commitment to local economic development
- Platforms for government interaction with youths/future leaders, focusing on youth development and small business
- Opportunities for Shell Employee Volunteering programs
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email.
The application closing date is 9th May, 2023.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to kickstart your entrepreneurial journey, gain valuable skills, and access resources to develop your business. Apply for the ASSA North LiveWIRE PLUS Programme 2023 today!
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.